New Finds with the Nugget Finder "Z Search" Searchcoil

• Admin

Hello All,

Had a great time testing the new Nugget Finder "Z Search" Searchcoil today on a wash I haven't hunted in some time.  This small coil for the GPZ 7000 is much lighter, more sensitive and easier to pinpoint small targets with.  I was super impressed with the new coil, wish I had a few dozen in stock.  I also love the fact you don't have to modify anything, just mount and plug in like a stock GPZ coil.  

I have already had 3 customers burn up their $8000 GPZ 7000 by making some wiring mistakes on adapters for the X coils.  In my opinion, I don't recommend anyone voiding a warranty or sacrificing a $8000 metal detector if you make a mistake.  This coil is 100% approved by Minelab.  

Pictured below are nuggets found today with the new coil here in Arizona.  The coil comes with a lower shaft, mounting hardware and skidplate.  

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, AZNuggetBob said:

Rob are you saying people are trying to rewire these coils?

No.  There is another manufacture in Russia that makes coils for the GPZ called X-Coils.  You have to make an adapter to bypass the chip if you wiring it wrong you could fry your detector.   The NF is plug and play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin

Hey Guys,

AzNuggetBob - No, the X-Coils, which are made in Russia require a patch lead adapter, to adapt it from whatever is on the X-Coils to the GPZ 7000 connector.  The new NF Z Search Searchcoil is already wired just like a Minelab coil, so it's a plug right in and go.  

Jessgo33 - Better in the sense it's lighter, smaller and easier to pinpoint small targets with and a bit more sensitive to small targets and nuggets over the stock 14x13 Minelab coil. 

Rob

• Like 1

I just wish the coil were a little smaller... like the Russian coils.  But at least these NF coils should fix the coil wires unwinding.  This has been a problem on my two xcoils because i extend the arm out as far as i can.  

Edited by andyy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Andyy

I think I know what your saying. When I started using the larger NF coils. I had push the coil out as far as possible.I had to remove most all the metal on me. My big silver belt buckle with gold nuggets had to go. All the metal on my hunting harness had to go. If they come out with a new coil the gold fillings may be next.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hey Guys,

I must have missed this post.  I have a batch of new NF Z Search coils for the GPZ arriving anytime.  I have one of the largest orders and still will not be able to fill all the backorder I have on them.  I recommend anyone looking for this coil to call me and get on the list ASAP so when they do come available, you will get one sooner than later.

The coil will cost $1100 MAP with free shipping/insurance here in the US.  

Rob