And the Winners are................

First Place

Goes to the GoldStudmuffin Twins. Congratulations. Nothing succeeds like success as they say. Well the story was great, the pictures were great, and the gold, holy cow. Just amazing! This just goes to show you that there is a lot of gold still out there. It also shows that different coils are sometimes needed for different conditions.

First place gets the choice of either the 18 inch or the 16 inch round coil, with the remaining coil going to the runner up who is:

Second Place

Matt, The Pyramid Nugget. The thing that impressed us about this story was that there were several life lessons that Matt learned and he passed those along. The first was PERSISTANCE. It was raining, it was crappy, there were a million reasons to quit, Matt persisted and it paid off. Preconceived notions must be left at home when prospecting. The target was blanking, so it must have been a large piece of iron! Matt almost didn't dig that "trashy" signal. But he overcame his preconceived notion and went back with a Joey coil to pinpoint. At one point in the story, Matt talks about being ready to quit, but figured he should go back and fill in his hole. How many times have we heard it said, "Fill in your holes." Don't give the anti-everything crowd any more reasons to try to limit this great hobby. Matt was wet, sloppy, and muddy, and he battled with himself about walking away, but he didn't and he was rewarded. Such is life. It seems that anything that is easy to get, always turns out to be pretty worthless. When it's tough, and it takes an inner strength you didn't even know you had to pull it off, those are the things that make life worth living, those are the things that make for great stories about lessons learned, those are the things that might just win you a brand new Gold Stalker coil! Congratulations Matt!

BCOT!

Once again thank you to all the entrants.

Doc, Trevor, Rob

GoldStudMuffin Twins, and Matt please email me you address at cop704 at yahoo.com

Guest goldstudmuffin

Wha Whoo!!! I'm in shock... thud.gif Thank you Doc, Trevor and Rob! Congrats to Matt also, good story, I enjoyed reading everyone of the stories. I think all three of the judges should write a gold story... just for the fun of it!

Doc, I guess we'll take the 18" round Gold Stalker coil, I hope it's a mono.

COILTEK IS THE BEST!!! :blush:

GEESH ...... you win a coil and now it has to be a mono? :rolleyes: Yes it's a mono! :P Did you email me your address?

Wha Whoo!!! I'm in shock... thud.gif Thank you Doc, Trevor and Rob! Congrats to Matt also, good story, I enjoyed reading everyone of the stories. I think all three of the judges should write a gold story... just for the fun of it!

Doc, I guess we'll take the 18" round Gold Stalker coil, I hope it's a mono.

COILTEK IS THE BEST!!! :blush:

I was just jerking you around. They only come in mono, they run so quiet Coiltek has not had to make a DD yet even for Australia.

Thanks for entering!

Doc

Hi Doc,

Thank you again!!! I just thought if we could choose one it would be a mono coil. :blush: We are very grateful for the free coil! :rolleyes:

I just emailed you my address.

Guest goldstudmuffin

Doc, I like the new Gold Stalkers so much I'm going to order another one so we each have our own coil. I'm not stingy or anything I always share my toys with little Brother... :spank: but I'm going to be too busy finding gold with "our" new Gold Stalker coil to let him use it! He can use any of my old Coiltek coils he wants.

WOW! I am stoked!

I would like to thank Doc, Trevor, and Rob for putting on this contest and thank all of you so much for the kind words about my story. Those kind words really make a guy feel good. I wish more people would do business the way you guys do!

Congradulations to Goldstudmuffin for taking first place and the 18" coil! I would have picked the 16" coil had I won first place, so we both got our choice. That is one hell of a great haul of nuggets Goldstudmuffin. I hope that my stash looks like that one of these days.

I am so grateful that you guys chose my story as a winner! I have never written anything like that before and the contest gave me the motivation to do so. I enjoyed reading all the stories that you other forum members wrote. I hope that we can meet and hunt sometime. I had a great time telling my story and I hope that I have an even better story to tell when I get my new Goldstalker coil over a big, deep nugget! The detecting season is coming up quick and can't wait to see more posts about the gold everybody is finding.

This forum provides so much great information for everybody. Thanks for taking the time to keep it going Rob! Take care.

Cheers,

matt

Congratulations Goldstudmuffin and Matt!!!

GSM - you definitely have great experience with our product and the results show that you are an outstanding operator. Thanks for your continued support and we hope that this new coil will bring you more success. I enjoyed your story and look forward to the next tale!

Matt - as Doc mentioned your story was excellent. I was very impressed with your persistance and the fact it was wet, i am guessing it was cold too and you still cracked an ice cold beer!!

"I headed back to my truck to take off my detecting gear. I sat on the tailgate of my truck and cracked an ice-cold beer. Looking around I thought to myself “why the hell am I sitting here drinking a beer, wasting my time. I could be swinging the detector till dark.â€

Sound like something I have done many times whilst hunting!

My mind still thinks about the possible 200 ounce nugget I left behind when i walked away from that deep bit of 'rubbish' in WA so I am so glad for you that you kept going back. Shows good strength of character.

Very well written and deserved the coil.

I am very glad that both of you ended up with your prefered coil. Somethings just happen for a reason!

I also would like to say thankyou to all of the story writers as i enjoyed reading them all!

I will be sorting through them all and using some sections from them for my new website testimoinial page so it will give a chance for many around the world to read them and enjoy them like we all did. Once I have them placed on the site I will let you all know. The two winning stories will be placed in their entirety.

I just love seeing the gold being found around the world and I also love the fact that the product we make helps you do so!

This will inspire me to make new coils and products now so I'd better get back to it! Many more Goldstalkers to come!!!

Thanks again to all and congrats to GSM and Matt.

Regards to all

Trevor

Trevor,

Thanks again for the kind words. Leaving behind a 2 hundred ounce nugget!!! :wacko: I can't wait to see what other products you will have available in the future. I love to crack an ice-cold beer in any weather! If you need more/ better pictures of my pyramid nugget, let me know. I may need to email them directly to you anyway. I have had great success with all my Coiltek coils. Since I started using the GPX machines, the 14" round mono has been a killer on all sized gold nuggets, shallow and deep. I can't wait to get swinging the new Goldstalkers and you can bet on seeing some nice gold nuggets from me this season. Thanks again and take care.

Cheers,

matt

No Problems Matt,

Matt and GSM,

Please do forward your photos to me at [email protected] and also your stories so I can lay them out ready for the website. I can only probably put 2 photos on the site each but if you could email 3 or 4 then i can pick the ones which represent your story the best.

Thanks again...

Trev

Guest goldstudmuffin
Congratulations Goldstudmuffin and Matt!!!

GSM - you definitely have great experience with our product and the results show that you are an outstanding operator. Thanks for your continued support and we hope that this new coil will bring you more success. I enjoyed your story and look forward to the next tale!

Matt - as Doc mentioned your story was excellent. I was very impressed with your persistance and the fact it was wet, i am guessing it was cold too and you still cracked an ice cold beer!!

"I headed back to my truck to take off my detecting gear. I sat on the tailgate of my truck and cracked an ice-cold beer. Looking around I thought to myself “why the hell am I sitting here drinking a beer, wasting my time. I could be swinging the detector till dark.â€

Sound like something I have done many times whilst hunting!

My mind still thinks about the possible 200 ounce nugget I left behind when i walked away from that deep bit of 'rubbish' in WA so I am so glad for you that you kept going back. Shows good strength of character.

Very well written and deserved the coil.

I am very glad that both of you ended up with your prefered coil. Somethings just happen for a reason!

I also would like to say thankyou to all of the story writers as i enjoyed reading them all!

I will be sorting through them all and using some sections from them for my new website testimoinial page so it will give a chance for many around the world to read them and enjoy them like we all did. Once I have them placed on the site I will let you all know. The two winning stories will be placed in their entirety.

I just love seeing the gold being found around the world and I also love the fact that the product we make helps you do so!

This will inspire me to make new coils and products now so I'd better get back to it! Many more Goldstalkers to come!!!

Thanks again to all and congrats to GSM and Matt.

Regards to all

Trevor

Thanks Trevor,

And thanks again for the new coil! That was a great contest that you and Doc and Coiltek sponsored and hopefully you'll see some more nugget finds with the new Goldstalker coils as soon as it cools off here in another 2 or 3 weeks. I'm not quite sure how to put 50 or 60 ounces of gold on a coil with an open web design... for a picture. :blink:

I'll email you the pictures and story sometime this weekend.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Congrats to GoldStudmuffin and Matt. Both had great stories and some good gold pictures. Sure wish more would have wrote a short story, but the lesser amount of entries means better changes for the guys that did get in on this! :D

Hope others sure their stories and pictures with us here at Nuggethunting.com Forums.

Take care,

Rob Allison