How much gold did the old-timers miss in this spot?

• Admin

Hello All,

Here is a spot of some gold we got in a location where there was a bunch of schist exposed. Just goes to show the old-timers knew where the gold was, but they didn't get it all. The help with modern day electronics really helped us on this score. Ya, as much as I hate to say it, the gold was all found with Minelab metal detectors. :wub:

Any guesses what the total weight (in Troy ounces) is in the picture?

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob , There is no way you found that gold with a crappy o`l minelab :lol:;) Just be glad the old timers did not have these electronic devices :o With a pile like that , why couldnt you find the source Rob? Have you tried or is it really old alluvium??

Nice pile there for sure B)

Good morning Rob. Congratulations on a job very well done.

Is there any chance you took some pics of the schist in the area? I'd really like to see some samples of it in case I should run across any while out exploring. Or maybe a book that will show what it looks like?

Again, great job.

Patrick in Havasu

Wow! Rob ,killer gold dude! my guess is 4.5 troy oz not bad for a weekend how much trash was left behind with all that yeller stuff?

Well Rob... by eyeball... about 17 of the smaller pieces would

go about an ounce and a half... we are looking at a nice pile of

gold sitting on what appears to be a chunk of schist...

I will guess... more than 40 ounces... maybe even 60. Hey... I'm

optimistic... :rolleyes:

Are you sure it was found with a minelab? Could'a been a Bounty

Hunter?? :D

:blink Well Rob I tried to make you rich by "gestimating" you found at least 60 ounces; now you say only a little over one

pound... Now just keep detect'n and digg'n until you find the rest of the paystreak. I have dowsed the posted photo and there

is more to be found. My devining rods jerk four times and nod twice... more than 40 and possibly 60 ounces... :lol::lol:

Archived