FIRST FIELD REPORT ON THE GPX5000 METAL DETECTOR

• Admin

Hello All,

Well I'm about half asleep right now from the long weekend, but I know everyone is probably waiting to hear about the initial test run with the Minelab GPX5000. We didn't get as much testing as we would have liked done, but did realize the GPX5000 is much more stable overall over the prior GPX4500.

Overall I noticed that the GPX5000 handles EMI much better than prior units, very stable with an unbelievable smooth threshold. These three features mean a lot to me, I love a stable metal detector. All the timings that are also on the GPX4500 seems to run pretty much the same on the GPX5000. The new Fine Gold timing is much more sensitive to small gold and a friend of mine mentioned it can now pick up some of that "invisible gold" that Minelab haters loves to toss at us. The new Coin/Relic timing punches deeper, but is not intended to be used on real mineralized ground conditions.

The GPX5000's front panel is inverted, so when you look down you can actually read the panel and the labeling is not upside-down. The GPX5000 comes stock with two coils, the Minelab Commander 11-inch Mono and DD searchcoils. If anyone of you are considering keeping your Coiltek Pocket Rocket system, it works great on the new GPX4800 & GPX5000.

The charging system, li-ion battery and other accessories are pretty much standard as all prior units.

I have just touched the surface as far as testing the various settings and timings. I feel the GPX5000 will be a real winner and a hot seller here in the US.

This weekend my partner and I scored 3.25 ounces worth of gold nuggets here in Central Arizona with the new GPX5000's. I can't wait to hit some more Arizona goldfields in the near future. Below is a picture of our finds from this weekend.

If anyone has questions on the new GPX4800 or GPX5000, feel free to call (Rob's Detector Sales) or email us anytime. We currently have both detectors in stock and ready to ship.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob.

Very nice gold finds. How much of that gold would the 4500 or 4000 have found? I'm thinking of getting my first Minelab PI and woundering if the extra 1000 would find more gold than the GPX 4000 or the 4500? Did you use just the factory coils?

Great hunting Rob

CH

Guest Mike C...

Were those back hoe nuggets from your operation if so-IMO that does'nt prove anything about how good the new beeper isclosedeyes.gif -a VLF could have found them as wellblink.gif ---but thats still a nice pile of gold--good jobrolleyes.gif Mike C...ph34r.gif PS- ya I bet someone that you no doubt would have a handfulllaugh.gif

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I didn't go over every nugget with various detectors to see what could be found with what. However, I do know many of the nuggets were deep and on the banks where EMI would effect prior detectors much worse off than the new GPX5000. I feel with the new detector you will find more gold, deeper with new timings and ajustments along with a much smoother running detector. I noticed on the GPX5000 I could actually turn the coil sideways or vertical, unlike what I could do on prior detectors with the same coil.

I can't tell you that if you purchase the GPX5000 you're going to find a bunch more gold. There are too many variables and it's too early off to make big conclusions. I've only been out 2.5 days with the new detectors, so I'm still learning what are the best combinations for these detectors. From what I heard and seen from other prospectors using them on older patches, such as JP, I think these units will make a difference in some locations.

The deepest nugget was probably the biggest at 9+ Dwts at around 1.5 foot in mineralized ground. Some of the smaller nuggets ranged from about 3 - 12 inches, depending on size of the nugget.

Mike, it's proves everything if you're trying to run a successful operation. If an operation can maximize their finds by using the newest technology it means more money at the end of the day hands down. I've been waiting for a unit to have more immunity to EMI, but still maintain max depth and sensitivity. Looks like I might have found something I've been waiting for.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Way2cool,

I was using the Coiltek Goldstalker 14-inch elliptical Mono on the GPX5000. This is probably my overall favorite prospecting coil, it's very lightweight, not too big or small and does great on all sizes of gold.

It's nice to see that Minelab is now including a Mono coil in the stock package.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob,

Were you using the secret accessory I gave you? You said it made your GPX4500 run quieter. Just wondered if you were using it with the GPX5000, and whether you compared the EMI you were getting with the new GPX5000 with and without the secret accessory?

Thanks!

Doc

• Admin

Hello Doc,

There was no doubt it seemed to really help my GPX4500 on EMI and smoothness. Yes, I'm using the secret accessory on my GPX5000 right now. I didn't try the GPX5000 without it, as the system is too hard to give up. I will have to try it without the "secret accessory" and see what happens, but regardless I won't be using my GPX5000 with it!

When can we talk about this new product?

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

I'm sorry guys. I know it's not fair to do that to you all but I am just waiting for one more part of the package to come in before I announce it. Rob and a couple of select people have been using prototypes.

If I announce it now everyone will want one, and I don't have one of the parts necessary to present a complete package.

So I couldn't supply you right now anyway, so better to wait. The minute I have them available Rob will have them for sale.

Doc

I will tell you one thing I am going to release in the near future. I would like your opinion as to whether you think it is worthwhile. A Universal Bluetooth Transmitter, that is about 3/4ths the size of a pack of gum. It would be about $50. It recharges from your car lighter with supplied adapter.

Now I thought about pairing it with bluetooth headphones, but I think headphones are a very personal choice, either in the ear or on the ear or over the ear.

So I thought offering just the transmitter would be a good way to get the most difficult piece out of the way... a transmitter that would fit the Minelab battery or Lithium Ion Battery.

Motorola has those in the ear headphones that are pretty slick. And if you like the headphones you have, Sony has a device that says it will make any headphones Blue tooth compatible.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666064684

I can tell you that Bluetooth is the way to go with the Minelab Pulse Induction machines. The sound is crystal clear with no interference.

So what are your thoughts on this?

Doc

I have been researching the bluetooth idea myself. I am hearing impaired and the newest and greatest hearing aids have bluetooth capabilities. Problem I have discovered is there is always a lag in a bluetooth signal... it's not actually in real time. Doc what have you found out about eliminating that lag, or when detecting does it not matter?

I would like to use the bluetooth tech on my headphones. I looked into it a while

back, but I did not see a product I liked. I would be interested in getting one from

you Doc. If it has a delay like Steve suggets, maybe not. Have you experienced the

delay during your testing Doc?

Matt

DOC, I'vebeen useing sony Bluetooth heaphones, The DR-BT 22 along with a bluetooth transmitter from Logictec Model#F-0461-B

And they work great. No lag. The headphone are a little hard to keep on, I wish they were bigger, and had more holding power in the headband. but other wise. they work just fine. Grubstake

What would work great for hearing impaired, would be a Vibraphone, that would work with minelabs, they have a vibraphone, but it will not work with the minelab PI'S

Archived