The QED Detector and Doug

• Admin

Hello Doug,

I'm here to ask you a couple of questions, as I'm close to asking you to leave my forums.

(1) This is a warning from me, that if you continue to post negative feedback on every post that is posted, I will ban you from this forum. I have felt that I have been way too nice allowing you to post what you have, pretty much nothing but negative comments about Minelab and other stuff.

Before I posted this, I went back and read about 20 replies on various Minelab related threads, all of them were negative. You have yet to contributed positive information here on my forums. I believe you are a knowledgable person, but rather 99% of your posts are Minelab bashing or putting someone down.

For example: A customer of mine just found his first nugget, which he was very excited. Rather than posting something like, "He what a great find, keep up the good work." You posted, "well you could of found that with an detector." Do you honestly think the customer wants to hear that type of feedback?

That is like me telling you every target you can find with the QED, I would of found that target deeper, and better sounding with my Minelab. Do you like to hear this?

(2) Secondly, will the QED ever come out? It's been over 2 years now and we have yet to see a valid picture or any reports that anyone is willing to believe. You telling me that you have a QED is like me telling you I've been to the Moon and back.

Basically, this is my last warning. Clean up your posts and there will be no problems.

Kind regards,

Rob Allison

Rob,

The QED was going to kick the GPX4000's butt.

Then it was going to kick the GPX4500's butt.

Next it was going to equal a 4500 in Enhance timings.

Suddenly it was going to be produced if the "testers" thought it worthy.

There is one guy actively promoting the QED and at the same time actively bashing the World's Best Detector. No prize for guessing who that is.

I have a question for Doug that requires a simple Yes or No answer.

Will the QED be released this year?

Yes or no.

Doug

I have been waiting for the last three years waiting fro your new QED detector to come out, as I would very much like to buy a detector that's cheaper and goes deeper than a Minelab. As a potential customer of yours I feel I am being mucked around, and that the QED never has, and never will come out. :spank::spank:

In the meantime however, I have a Minelab. It is great. I'm looking forward to the release of the QED detector. Now. Instead of spinning up some self acclaiming dribble for me, your potential customer to read, can you answer Qld Sandy's Question?

If you want to find out about the QED or any other of the new detectors then I suggest you join my forum and get the info straight from the horses mouth!

The QED exists and is out there as we speak and I can assure you!But for a variety of commercial and other reasons where they are and who has them and what results they have obtained will not at this stage be made public (no different to what ML do with a new detector!)

I do not agree that i have not contributed anything positive or have you forgotten about Doc's posts where he said I was right about the A1 coils!

What i have said recently about things like the fine gold timing I stand by as I believe that it could have and should have been done years ago on earlier ML detectors,also to believe that ML have only just discovered a way of achieving fine gold simply beggars belief!

I also have feedback from many users some of whom have both 4500/5000's that has confirmed that most if not all nuggets found with fine gold can be found with enhance and many of the shallower ones (and even smaller ones!)can be found just as well with a good vlf like the Goldmaster etc.

all the best,

doug

ps ban me if you will because that is your right,its no skin off my nose!

For those like SH who want to know my full name, phone number and email address then go to my wifes web site on our leonberger dogs.Just type konigslair into google.

You say that if we go to your forum, we will get the info straight from the horses mouth. Since you come to this forum instead, are we getting information from the other end of the horse? (sounds like this is where your QED is from.) I'm just a simple prospector from Colorado, and I've never heard of a QED. On the other hand, you would have to be from outer Mongolia not to hear the good about Minelab. Are you from outer Mongolia?

h20prospector

The QED has already been released to a number of field testers.They will decide if and when it is ready for commercial release.

The QED is also not the only other detector that may emerge and I expect (and hope!) to be involved or assist with this testing.Details will be released first and only on my forum.

all the very best,

doug

A simple Yes or No will suffice.

Will the QED be released this year (for general purchase as the original question was intended for)?

"If and when" sounds so negative.

Oh dear.

The door has been opened for him to rant and rave and self promote

yet again. :blink:

No straight answers, all we are hearing is an add for his latest forum and more loose promises about

the dream detector. Soon be Christmas, and Ill bet we will still be hearing

The same old horsedung.then and next year and the year after. <_<

Interesting to note dug that you are gradually shifting the focus to other so called ML beating detectors. Does this tell us something? :o

Some of those pics are so old they’ve

Got cobwebs on em. :D:D

Proves nothing, “can’t say to much” :girl: what crap.never stopped you before

You’ve been talking up this thing for over Two years now,

And that’s just this machine.

Let’s not forget the $600 price point and the solemn promise it would out perform

The gpx 4500, along with the definite July release date. :o

He will probably post pics of the v2 rocket next.

Rob, underscoring the title of this post was

“What should I do?”

I reckon given the sentiment expressed here give ol Dug the flick.

He contributes nothing other than disguised bile and turns everything into a self promotion for his ABC forum and the so called QED.

He is a master at it , playing the sympathy card , posing as an expert in all things detecting , mainly thanks to Google, seeking attention, by hijacking any thread ,

that he can weasel into.

Guess what happens if you don’t tow the line on his insular little protected forum.

Bang you out. Please show him the same courtesy.

Many readers of your forum will applaud.

Hi Rob,

How are you?

I don’t post much, but follow along a lot. I think I’ve been a member for two to three years, and this will be my 20th post, I believe. Your opening post for this thread was very straightforward and your meaning and intent were easy to understand.

On my computer the person you were addressing in your opening post replied at 8:33 PM

And proceeded to make a total of 7 more posts in just under 8 hours.

These would be posts #’s 2, 5, 6, 9, 11, 14, and 16. With the immediate response(#2) to your opening post and fair warning, the poster continues to ignore what is being requested of him to remain on the forum. Six of these seven posts except one(# 9) have anywhere from one remark, to a sentence, to most of the post, that is negative and/or a rude remark to other posters. After this poster posts this type of negativity, he then signs off with “cheers”, and/or “all the best”, which quite frankly, is rude, in and of itself, and extremely condescending. The poster seems to think, wrongly so, I would add, that this makes it all okay.

This poster, with just these seven replies, continues to ignore you and your well intended advice. Remember that old saying,

“If you give someone enough rope,......”?

I believe this poster has been given more than plenty of rope, for quite a while.

Greg

When you first posted about the DD coils did you immediately acknowledge that the idea had come from someone else?

No need. My theory was in relation to a RECENT observation concerning larger nuggets and GPX detectors vs coil preferences and their properties. I suggested that this theory shared something in common with an observation made many years ago by Jim when the GP series was the popular detector. I still stand behind this theory. Jim's comments did not relate to the GPX but his observations on coil preferences supported my ideas. In fact Jim chimed in at one point to contribute on a far more civilized forum than yours.

• Admin

Hello All,

I felt I gave Doug the benefit of the doubt and even on the post where I warned him he continued to bash and attack others. That was the last straw, Doug is now banned and all of his posts have been deleted per his request.

Sorry it might have took me longer than normal to ban someone, but felt I had to give him a chance to change, but that didn't seem to happen. Doug ended his own membership on this forum, no one else.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hello All,

I felt I gave Doug the benefit of the doubt and even on the post where I warned him he continued to bash and attack others. That was the last straw, Doug is now banned and all of his posts have been deleted per his request.

Sorry it might have took me longer than normal to ban someone, but felt I had to give him a chance to change, but that didn't seem to happen. Doug ended his own membership on this forum, no one else.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Doug, who is that? Never heard of him! ;)

:rolleyes:

Rob,

I agree with the length of time you took to take action with Doug.

Your approach was correct and was what most of us would do in our better moments.

I also believe that this person, for whatever reason, is very frustrated and

unhappy and somehow stirring up controversy makes him feel as though he's 'doing something'.

I would imagine that trying to come up with a whole new kind of PI detector

would be a seriously challenging project, fraught with difficulty,

and if that is what he really is attempting, I wish him luck.

But he has to grow up.

Thank you for representing us all so well Rob,

Flak

I stopped reading and posting on the AZO forums SPECIFICALLY due to actions by Doug and his fan club, including posting of my personal information on his own forums and refusing to take it down. I hope that you take the action needed to keep this forum mature and professional Rob. I'd like to continue being a member but sadly the action taken on AZO was NOTHING.. so I left...

Thank you for addressing the issue.

Jennifer

I think one of the reasons he said he did not release the QED was over a Patent(s) that he had not got for it yet. He might not want it copied by someone else after the release. So if you are flush and have a lot of money maybe contact Doug and help him get a Patent(s). :)

Archived