Camping at Rich hill 13-15 Dec.

Hey all:

Dad and I are going to be camping a little south of Descision corner and north of the cemetery.

If anyone is up that way and feels like stopping by we will usually be back at camp around 5...look for a green 4runner with a tire up top.

Mostly drywashing this trip. :)

Tom H.

If I can find a 1985, 350 exhaust manifold we will have the RV there in camp. Right now I'm having trouble matching the mounting holes after a brazing job on a crack. I'm looking foward to the weekend of the 15th and I don't want to sleep on the ground anymore. I know some of you guys will be up that way so stop in and have a beer or so.

Old Tom

Are you referring to Weaver Cemetary? I sure did like that area when we were out there in Oct. Hopefully we will make it back out there in April.

Good luck.

Bill

Are you referring to Weaver Cemetary? I sure did like that area when we were out there in Oct. Hopefully we will make it back out there in April.

Good luck.

Bill

Im not sure of the name. Its south of desicion corner on angel camp road.

Tom

Are you guys still going? Hopefully this storm coming in doesent ruin it for ya.

Still goin!

Storm or no storm.

Ill drywash as soon as I get there tomarow and hope it at least holds off until the afternoon.

Got some areas I want to suck up and bring home for the trommel and the rest of the time we will

detect. I have gortex for me and trash bags for the detector :)

Heck, it will be fun either way...and COLD!

Hoping our Arizona forcasters are batting 1000 here and are wrong as usual :)

Tom H.

Trash bags classic. Member that time we were being excessively rained on whilst standing under the largest tree during a thunderstorm? Luckily someone had the wisdom to provide two trash bags to attempt to keep us dry. We should of shared with your pops man was he wet. Good times that day.

Dood!

Where do you think I got the idea from :) Yah, pops got wet.....but the detectors didnt :P

It was a great day out and a great break from the heat down in the valley. We actually got cold that day :)

That aint fog behind dad.....monster rain!

Remember the lightning? Heck there was no were to hide that day.

Tom

Now I know just who to go fishing with when you have just one life ring and the boat goes down. Poor pops had to endure while two youngsters were nice and dry. Man that sure is cold when the water starts to run down the back of your neck and backside. No place to go except under a tree and that ain't so good the way the lightning was that day. Still we had fun and lots to remember.

Old Tom

Well, I'm sitting here in Wickenburg looking out my home office window at Rich Hill--or would be looking at Rich Hill if it wasn't totally hidden by heavy rain falling ... But the good news is that there's also a rainbow with one end right at Decision Corner and the other end stretches all the way to LSD ... Good Luck T&T ... Cheers, Unc

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I know we got hammered here in Surprise with rain. My guess is Rich Hill area will be nasty, but could be good for nugget hunting old patches. Sometimes the damp ground being more conductive can help detectorists squeak out deeper nugget(s).

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

I remember comin outta that mudhole a few years back. If ya think that road sucks when its dry ya outta try it when its mud !!!

Hahahaha,, yeah Washboard neckbreaker when dry and slippery hog pen gooey when wet.... Priceless!!!!! :D

Sounds like you are missing us Prickly.

I heard your Flightdeck slid into Angel's wash in this most recent rain. You want to come out and do the mud rodeo to see if it's got any exposed nuggets? :)

Hang in there buddy - you will eventually tire of that flour gold and return to the land of big nuggets. We look forward to that time. :D

• Admin

Hello All,

Well Rich Hill was so damn wet and muddy, I bailed out of there this afternoon. The rain didn't stop, a steady down pour from 5am to around noon. Everything was soaking wet, Antelope Creek was starting to run and all the roads were slippery and muddy (some of the worst I have seen). I did run into Tom & Tom Sr. and they were also on their way out before they got the RV buried somewhere! :o

Hello All,

Well Rich Hill was so damn wet and muddy, I bailed out of there this afternoon. The rain didn't stop, a steady down pour from 5am to around noon. Everything was soaking wet, Antelope Creek was starting to run and all the roads were slippery and muddy (some of the worst I have seen). I did run into Tom & Tom Sr. and they were also on their way out before they got the RV buried somewhere! :o

Heck...on the way out I was looking at the drainage on the side of the road and it would have been nice to set up a small sluice in it! :)

Tom

Hey Tom

Good to hear things worked out. I ran into Rob and D today they said they were going to go out and check on you guys see if you needed any help. Gees Tom you forgot the sluice box. Oh well seems like every time I head out I forget something. Hope you had fun. and BTW did you find any gold.

AzNuggetBob

We only got one small nugget Bob but the Gold Bug Pro out did the mine lab this time. I found it below your old patch by the road in. Lots of junk from the old miners in that spot, you can see the clearings and foundations where they lived. That tin and wire will be there long after I leave this earth. It's a running lesson in keeping our enviroment as clean as possable. We had a ball but we also found a couple of leaks in the RV that we wern't prepared for. Tom threw a tarp over that window and we made out great. Yeah we saw Rob and Dennis on the way out and spoke with them for a while. Great hunt and can't wait for the next time.

Old Tom

Sounds like you are missing us Prickly.

I heard your Flightdeck slid into Angel's wash in this most recent rain. You want to come out and do the mud rodeo to see if it's got any exposed nuggets? :)

Hang in there buddy - you will eventually tire of that flour gold and return to the land of big nuggets. We look forward to that time. :D

I hear ya Clay!!!!!!

Yes, i got hit with a huge gold fever bug a couple of weeks ago.....

As a matter of fact i am coming down on the 1st of Jan..... going to RH first and maybe i will have to go to Flight Deck and see how many sunbakers are laying up there... :ph34r:

Mel and me are gonna get together for a good hunt!~~~~ I have to pay for this ML3500 i just bought .... ( 8^0

Will go down to help BB weigh in all his horde before i leave for Florida and the land of the beach gold!!! (Rolex)---- :D

I will be traveling I-10 to Fla--- anywhere to detect on the way??? Got any maps??? lolol