Down for a bit

Hey all:

Welp, im down for a spell here. :(

Dern 4 runner decided to try and burn water instead of gas in #4 cylinder.

Blew a head gasket. But! At least it didnt go on a long trip. :)

Dad came over and helped by cleaning all the parts and will get the head fixed up tomarow.

Dang aluminum heads on iron blocks. I would gladly give up a 1/2 mile a gallon for a cast iron head!

Oh well. Guess I had to get the tools out and do something else for a while.

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Tom,

Is that a 22R motor? I'll tell you what, I had several Toyota's with the 22R and ran them to hell and back. The last one I had was a 85 (last year of front straight axle) and had over 300K before I sold it. I've had it in places I should have never been, on two wheel ..... well you know all about them!

I leave him alone for twenty minutes and look what happens. I guess when they grow up they don't change much it's just that the toys get bigger. You are right Rob about those Toytota's getting out of places that they never should have gotten into. This is just a minor setback, he'll have that thing going in a few days after the head is milled. Gotta take care of your mule if you want to do the rough stuff and get back.

Old Tom

Yup...22r.

Belive me...I aint complaining........that little yoto has gotten us in and back out in some really ugly country.

Just got to get er fixed back up. Nice thing about working on your own vehicles is you seem to have more confidence in them

when your out there tearing them up. :)

Tom H.

I leave him alone for twenty minutes and look what happens. I guess when they grow up they don't change much it's just that the toys get bigger. You are right Rob about those Toytota's getting out of places that they never should have gotten into. This is just a minor setback, he'll have that thing going in a few days after the head is milled. Gotta take care of your mule if you want to do the rough stuff and get back.

Old Tom

U started it!

You should have never let me touch a wrench :P

Tom H.

Totally love the toyotas, 22rs and the 2 door 4runners, had a extr cab 4x4 as my first vehicle, they do better than most anything out there for wheeling around areas most wouldent dare go. Had my truck straddled over a couple 6ft canyons rocking on two wheels, told my buddy to spot me and when he opened the door and got out his head was level with the door frame and he is six foot six. Hope you get her back and running soon with minimal cost and no busted knuckles or thrown wrenches..lol

Hey Tom,

The last one I had was a 85 (last year of front straight axle) and had over 300K before I sold it. I've had it in places I should have never been, on two wheel ..... well you know all about them!

Rob, I sure wish I had the solid front axle, and a locker. It would be so kick ass! To bad it would cost more than my truck is worth to do that :lol:

Hey all:

Welp, got the head back on Thurs night and put it all back together on Fri/Sat.Hooked up 300 vacuum tubes and 400 electrical connectors to things that only God know what they do!

Yeeehaa..........The little yoto is up and running again.

Did some ops checks on it today and will be heading out into the gold fields tomarow morning.

Gotta go geet some nugs.....I feel the need :)

Good to go.

Tom H.