While out Prospecting...........

Man....thats biggen!
Im surprised as hard as that area has been hit that it was out there.

Are you going to sell it?
Tom

ok now i feel a little dumb, it doesnt look like a meteorite or a speci...unless that darkish orange area...or area's are the gold? sorry i only hunt in Australia so i havnt seen something like that before...almost looks like granite

• Admin

Hey Frank,

Yep, those 500+ Grammers are rare now. About 10 years ago finding 100+ grammers were common, 500+ grammers rare, but one here and there and then every so often a 1000+ Grammer. A friend of mine spent 3 years camping at Gold Basin hunting 6 days a week. He collected over 60,000 Grams of the Gold Basin. I never seen so many pieces, but it filled several 2 gallons plastic containers and he sold a good portion of them in Quartzsite for cash money. He got hard up for cash about 2-3 years ago and called and said he would sell his last remaining shoe box full of Gold Basins for .30 cents a gram. I thought about it, probably should have done it.

Congrats on your find, big ones are tough to come by now.

Wishing you many more ....

Rob Allison

Wow... Gonna get it sliced? Maybe some space gemstones? lol.. impressive

Well if ya got a bunch.. I concur. Good job yet again.!

Ugs

Blake I don't know what is deemed "normal".

Small pieces are plentiful and inexpensive.

I researched a bunch of completed listings sold and found only a few 200 gmmrs. that ranged from 1.25 to 1.50 a gm.

Couldn't find any large pieces sold like this size. But it makes you think it would be a minium of 1.75 or so