Good treasure stories?

FlakMagnet,

I charge mine from the truck. I have two chargers, one for Rob's Pocket Rocket system and one for the Monster Batt. that comes with the GP 3500. I carry the big batt. in the truck as a spare, just in case.

The two Pocket Rocket batt's, that come with that system will give me at least two seven hour days of hunting and I still have the back-up. I don't usually run all three of them, or even two down at the same time. Like to keep everything charged up.

Garimpo, I had forgot about the Polaroid thing, but had heard of it a long time ago.

Just never did try it. I understand that one can also do something kind of like that using infa-red film. Down side is it takes some special care for the film.

Maybe I shouldnt spread this around too much. Some of the other nuggethunters may get PO at me, but then I'm sure that some of them know about it also.

You can charge the ground in the so called worked out patches and pick up more nuggets, if they are there. It needs to be charged up using 110 AC.

Bob T.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FlakMagnet,

I understand that its supposed to work for gold. I just never did try it. Somewhere in my junk, I have all the info. on how to set it up. Its not hard to do.

Generator!! OH OH, I can see it coming, now I'm gonna have to pack both you and a generator into that hell hole. Anything else I can carry in for you, TV,movies DVD, ice chest full of cold beer, belly dancer, OOP's.. :o:unsure::rolleyes:

Bob T.

Good Saturday morning folks. A little let up in the rain this AM but probably back to "flipper and snorkel" by noon.

Bob T. sure don't want to rain on your parade but a few years ago some people were selling a commercial unit that they said would charge the ground and make deeper nuggets detectable.

I bought one and took it to King Tut area, several different spots with out any more gold.

At the time I had a friend that was working at the "spook" factory North of Vegas on projects that were highly classified and experimental stuff. I gave him the unit for testing and they put it through a lot of test that you and I can't do. His conclusion was it just couldn't do what the sellers said it would do. A waste of time and money.

Bob I've also heard the same thing you have about the infa-red film and for the same reason didn't try it, difficult to protect the film. The Polaroid way is ify also, still don't know whether to believe in it or not.

Does anybody has a site that has topo maps that I can download or just take a look at?

Almost forgot, Bob what do you think about if we dig a rather large hole, put Flak in the bottom spread eagled, wrap a wire around each ankle and each wrist and then throw the current to him???? Think that will work or just end up with another "Frankenstein"?

Jim & Bob T.

1. No one needs to worry about the stoves, unless you want a mid-night snak, I have to propane stoves one with a small oven. As for cooking, my son is a 5 star chef and one damn good teacher. I'm the BBQ expert.

2. GPS I have as well as a cell phone. If I get to Bill's in the next 2 weeks I'll have a Coleman tent trailer that Bill said will go anywhere.

3. I have 2 VLF metal detectors and 2 drywashers.

4. I have a Toyota 4x4, will go just about anywhere. No quad, so will have to bum ride to deliver equpment once a good drywashing spot is found.

5. Breakfast will be personal choice. Fruit, eggs, ham, bacon, potatoes, ceral, milk and coffee. I f gormay is wanted, bring your own.

6. I have one big ice chest so we will need at least 3-5 more for food. Drinks at least 3-4. I figure 10 ice chests of verying sizes will do.

7. I'm certified Advanced First Aid. Being an old X-biker, Im pretty good at sewing up wounds, cleaning, etc.

I'm pretty much available except for June. I'm going to visit my "GRANDKIDS", so plan accordingly.

Just a thought, for the last night there, Baked beans, bisquits, salad and St. Louis bbq ribs with sipping sauce.

As for beer, for me, any good ale or pilsner will do. Can't do Coors makes me sick.

Bob

29Prospector,

You will probably like that little trailer of Bills, sure beats sleeping on the ground. Think thats the one he had up at Gold Basin a few weeks back when he froze his buns off. You need to get one of those small portable propane heaters if it does not have one.

But then in a few weeks you will be looking for an AC not a heater.

Bob T.

Right on Flack, no big deal I got you by two and still no big deal.

Now I say you still have a problem with your eyesight. I didnt say anything about a turtle, I said a head.

Let me take you by the hand and lead you through this.

Back-up to post #285, says head, right.

Now go back to page #14 and read post #265. Now what do it say. :rolleyes::o

Bob T.

Colo.Bob,

I have dusted off my glasses and I now see the head.

If you look at that same rock, only the top, doesn't it slightly resemble a turtle

too? Maybe I gotta get my computer checked too...lol.

The belly dancers said they are really sorry they aren't invited, but they understand

it's for outdoors people only.

regards,

29Prospector,

You will probably like that little trailer of Bills, sure beats sleeping on the ground. Think thats the one he had up at Gold Basin a few weeks back when he froze his buns off. You need to get one of those small portable propane heaters if it does not have one.

But then in a few weeks you will be looking for an AC not a heater.

Bob T.

Good evening Bob T. thanks for the heads up on the trailer, but Bill already sold it. Oh ya, to me. I got to make arrangements on picking it up.

Bob

Congrats. 29,

Guess now that you have the trailer, your bride will be seeing even less of you.

Put some heavy duty springs on it that gold is heavy. ;)

If it wasnt so far I would come over and give you a hand moving that overburden, but wait, I think you said something about big ol buckets. With the bad back and all I can only use a 1/2 gal. one and have to have a very small shovel to go with it, kind of like a flower bed shovel. :o:lol::lol: Bob T.

HI SGTFDA,

Havent talked to you for awhile. You still working on that thing in the woods up there, probably too cold now, huh.

You know the radio idea would probably be OK, but with this crew, I don't know if I would be brave enough to yell, I FOUND SOMETHING, or not.

The resulting stampede that would roll over you would probably do more damage than being lost. Think I will take my chances and find my own way back. :lol:

However I do always carry a metal whistle, like the cops use, you never know when you may need it. I also have some 10 mile walkie-talkies that I carry.

Heck SGT wish you was here, it would be a fun trip. You said that you have a head full of useless knowledge, well we could put some of that to work and you may be surprised at how well it would work. ;)

Its a dang shame that a lot of people have to work, but then someone has to do it so I guess its better the other guy then me. Besides been there done that. Bob T.

SGT. I wish you and I could both be there for the shindig. You would be a good addition.

29Bob, I'm jealous that you got something that nice to sleep in. Sure beats a hammock with a mosquito net.

Col.B, those walkie talkies are a great idea, especially when the BBQ ribs with the dipping sauce is ready. I would have to be the "chefs assistant". In case you've ever wondered there's not one BBQ rib in the whole of Brazil.

Pssst Flak, the belly dancers are here, "in training".

Me or them? Who cares!!

Congrats. 29,

Guess now that you have the trailer, your bride will be seeing even less of you.

Put some heavy duty springs on it that gold is heavy. ;)

If it wasnt so far I would come over and give you a hand moving that overburden, but wait, I think you said something about big ol buckets. With the bad back and all I can only use a 1/2 gal. one and have to have a very small shovel to go with it, kind of like a flower bed shovel. :o  :lol:  :lol:  Bob T.

Bob T,

Actually I will have the best of both world's. I can sleep in my truck, but grandma can't so with this trailer we both can start going prospecting again. She use to work right beside me when we were working hard rock. She love to prospect and paint so I'm looking forward to having her back out in the hills again.

As for that bucket thing, well my back isn't worth much either. I've had one surgery on my lower back but now its going south again. I have a 15 lb. lift restriction and no bending or twisting. So watching me work has to be quite funny. I use 2 gal. buckets about 3/4 full and a little shovel that has been named barbie. I do ok as long as I'm sitting and using my upper body. It get really funny when I try to get up and get out of the hole. That's whole different story maybe around the camp fire.

Bob

SGT. I wish you and I could both be there for the shindig. You would be a good addition.

29Bob, I'm jealous that you got something that nice to sleep in. Sure beats a hammock with a mosquito net.

Col.B, those walkie talkies are a great idea, especially when the BBQ ribs with the dipping sauce is ready. I would have to be the "chefs assistant". In case you've ever wondered there's not one BBQ rib in the whole of Brazil.

Pssst Flak, the belly dancers are here, "in training".

Me or them? Who cares!!

Garimpo,

The hammock thing is great, it's those damn B-52 blood sucker's I can't stand.

As was think that it would be fun to visit in Brazil, but man no BBQ'd ribs? Hell I would die. Of course you do have lizard's and they arn't to bad as long as you have hot sauce. I will make sure that we have plenty of ribs with 3 types of mopping sauce. I like to slow cook the ribs for about 4-6 hours adding the sauce in the last hour. I figure 1 slab of ribs for each person should be enough. Add some coleshaw, beans and beer should keep even the greenie's out of camp after it all settles in.

Bob

Hi Garimpo,

I was looking at the area on Google Earth.

Did the man who told you about this site ever tell you

why he thought the spanish chose this site? It is so remote

and not really near anywhere...that may have been enough

reason initself, but I am curious is there were any other reasons.

best,

Still waiting for the ground to defrost here in Pa. In the deep forest radios are a must. You go with someone and 50 foot away they are gone. A group would be a nightmare.

If you have a GPS bring it. You can keep track of the bread crumbs. Every site I've hit I found something that showed the way that dated from the period. Mark it and later plot it on your map program. These things can line up and show you the way. Keep us posted on your results. Find the big one I can put you in touch with a outlet.

Flak, there are a lot of mines in that area, SW, NW and North in the area of Diamond Joe Peak. Don't know if they were gold or silver or a mix.

A couple hundred yards North of what I refer to as the "dry camp" is some evidence of mining activity there. Also the tunnels where I saw that friggin big black rattle snake.

About 100 yds. or so down canyon from the dry camp is the remains of what was once a rock house. Ole Charlie told me he found a Spanish coin there and a few other things of that time period. If I remember right one of the other piece was a bridle bit.

Charlie said his research indicated that the area there was a central collection point for the Spanish. Possibly for good land marks, defensible, a large population of Indian slaves and not that far from some rivers, Colorado for one, and who knows what else.

It's been 11 years since I've had to think about all this, maybe forgot some of the stuff Charlie told me about.

He also said that the Spanish used dowsing to locate gold and silver. I guess that would be the Spanish dip needle and maybe some others.

Bob T, about the turtle and the face. I never saw them before until you posted the pics. The face really stood out.

Don't know why BBQ is not here. Every time I cook steak on the "barbie" I put on a little BBQ flavoring and they go nuts over it. I've tried to make some BBQ sauce but trying to translate the Eng. to Portuguese is hard to do for the ingredients.