New Discovery Pays off in Gold!

• Admin

Hello All,

Well like myself I really like when people post stories and "show and tell" their gold. A few friends and I done some exploring awhile back and hit a nice little patch area. This spot was way off the beaten path, but just goes to show the gold is still out there to be found. All the gold was found with Minelab GPX-4500's and new Goldstalker Lightweight Searchcoils.

Right at 1.5 ounces of gold total.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hard to beat that, Cool nuggets!

Those are the kind of days I think to my self I am going to do this for a living! then I get skunked three days in a row and decide well maybe I need to keep my day job :blush:

DigDeep

Excellent results Rob, seems like you could easily write your own list of tips and techniques with the 4500 now :blush: . Great to see the Coiltek Goldstalkers are holding their own in the US in the Nugget Finds stakes, no better sales pitch can ever be implemented than a salesman getting out and walking the walk along with talking the talk, well done!! :rolleyes:

JP

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Just a lucky hit. I've been around this spot many times and never hunted it. Just a small area where only 1-2 guys could hunt it without shooting each other! :wacko:

Thanks for all the comments. It was good to get back out there and found over an ounce of the good stuff.

Take care,

Rob Allison

There is a spot along the Hassayampa river just above the "Box Canyon". I am sure most of you know of the "BOX". The spot is about a mile upstream of there by King Solomon Gulch. Old Wickenburg Will told me years ago he has found many pounds of gold there. Its up a wash just north of King Solomon in a wash that drains from Weaver Creek into the Hassayampa. And he did not have a metal detector, just checking out the cracks in the bedrock!!! I have not had the chance to spend much time there. I think the Weaver Mining district has a claim there. But the few times I have been there I never came out of there with no gold. This is around 3 years ago when I had a membership in the Weaver. So if any of you have the time, check it out!!!! The guy who turned Will and me on to this spot has passed away. He use to run a gold outfitter supply in Black Canyon City. Infact I still have the cat he gave me!!! She is still going strong, but getting old, as so am I!!!!

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Claim Jumper - You're talking about Richard and Patricia Doherty. If anyone knew Richard, he was a Master metal detectorist! Back in the mid 80's he owned a store called the "Gold Dust Twins," located at Rock Springs, Arizona. Richard later got into selling Vitamins and Herbs and moved the store to the very East end. He was still selling metal detectors and gold, but his main business was Health and Wellness. Richard was one of my early mentors, along with Floyd Allen and Jim Straight. Over the years I seen Richard pull thousands of gold nuggets from the foothills of the Bradshaw Mountains. I was lucky enough back then to be part of a lot of these adventures when the gold was still pretty good back there.

Yep, towards the end they had a bunch of cats running around there. Patricia ended up getting very sick with Hepatitis C and was going downhill fast. Richard couldn't take the stress and ended up shooting himself in that very store. A very sad story .....

I know the spot very well you're talking about. I seen Richard and Floyd pull many ounces, probably pounds of gold from that spot. I got in towards the end, but still found some pieces up to 1/4 ounce.

Gilaoro - This spot is now part of the WSPA claims. I believe we talked about it over on their forum some. Yep, it has been hammered, but I'm sure still has a few pieces here and there if someone wanted to spent the time searching. There are actually a few other patches over the hills, but kind of hard to find if you don't know where it's at.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• 3 weeks later...