Dawnie Rob's wife has a Birthday today

Happy Birthday to ya!
Hope you two are out celebrating.
Tom H.

Rob... Here I be... O'l jim straight. 'Dawn' is doing a great job... We are both so lucky to have (past tense for

me as my love has gone; but I still have 60yrs of memories as she died in my arms). She was only 79 as she

was a freshman at UN Reno) and it was my senior year. Nearly 4years older then she... Then off we go,

Kernnecott Copper McGill where due to a rapid employment turn over I moved up through the ranks from the

crusher to the flotation floor and as a fast learner I floated copper and also 'molly' and even operated the lime

plant... so each day was a new adventure for me. Then to Ft. Belvoir to complete my ROTC commission and

then to Ft Leonard Wood Mo as a platoon leader (Combat Engineer) 6th Armored Division. Due to a shortage

of officers I moved up fast... Company Ex. officer... then still as a 2/lt I was now a company commander..

To summarize: From August 1955 to January 1962, Gloria gave her heart in putting up with my constant

moving from one 'job' to another.... Now with 4- young children... stability as I was now employed at Kaiser

Steel (Fontana) and a roll-shop foreman... rotating shift work.... Thus Gloria was able to continue her

schooling and in September 1967 she was employed by the Fontana Dept. Education as classroom teacher.

Now 33 and a mother of four children, all going to school... But for me, 'mywanderlust' continues...But a 84,

Father Time is now trying to catch me... But no rocking chair wanted... No thank you. I will solder-on with

my boots on the ground as Straight's Publishing Company since 1982.. Rob and Dawnie I now have finished the

July 2013 update.

I will send You, Bill and Chris a copy each... The typos fixed, the illiustrations and

photos are much better... more later jim