detected a nice nugget today!

Went out in southern Nevada today to do so dry washing but decided to detect a bit first. I had the large coil on the ATX but actually didn't need it because the 8.8gram nugget was on the surface. Found on the slope of a hill between 2 washes in some eroded white quartzy looking rock that also had quartz veins in it. Slowed down hit the area again and found not else. My only signal of the day. Zero trash in the area. Sampled the dirt from around where I found nugget and had zero gold in a bucket ran through dry washer. Found a half gram running 20 buckets in wash on other side of hill.

post-47635-0-65280300-1430713837_thumb.j

That's a nice looking nugget.

Just curious, when you found it on the slope, were you digging it out of dirt that was at say, a 45 degree angle? Or was the spot you found it kind of a "flat" on the side of the slope?

I ask because I tend to find nuggets on "flats" like a spot were the erosion stopped and the dirt is resting. I haven't had any luck finding nuggets on inclines or on the horizontal side of banks in washes so I don't check those too often. I kinda figure that heavier material on slopes and banks like gold has already tumbled out and down into the wash or watercourse below. Thanks

Holy crap@!
That's not a nug...its a slug!!!
WTG Man!!! :) Killer!
Hope you go back and get some more

Tom H.

Thanks everyone, I'll clean it up a bit and post some more pics. I was really hoping it was a patch.

Hey Chris congrats nice nugget, but I was really disappointed with the mayweather pacquaio fight, almost everyone I talked to was also....

Hi Dave, thanks that helped break a nugget dry spell I was in.

As per the fight, I expected more From Manny at least in the earlier rounds. Manny is a Volume puncher, and when a guy doesn't do what he usually does it is usually because of what the guy across the ring is doing. Is is hard to out work your opponent when he is out thinking you. I know we would all love a knock down brawl but that is just not Floyd, he uses his intelligence I'm the ring and superior timing. It's like going to a Tyson fight and being upset that he knocked the guy out in the first round. .it's what he does. Floyd plays chess. I can appreciate both types of fights, but that may be because i am involved in the sport. Under full disclosure, I do work for Floyd lol. There will be a replay on showtime or HBO this weekend I believe.

Tortuga, It was a gentle slop, but it was a consistent slope. Thanks for your info on looking for "flats" and I will give it a try next time I am out.

Chris