Good Gold found at "Lasso Gulch"

• Admin

Hello All,

Well a partner and I braved the heat, expected the predicted rain that never happened. We both got an early start and went back into the hills a good 6-7 miles hoping to discover a new find. Well it wasn't too long after I found a Lasso Rope hanging from a small tree, the nuggets started to pop out. One here, one there ..... and on and on ....

We worked up and down this small gulch, now named "Lasso Gulch," the better part of the day getting what we could. The gulch was pretty small and shallow, only a few deep areas that might have a few more nuggets. The heat finally ran us out, but I would guess we got 99% of the finds working up and down the small gulch several times before we left.

Funny, this was the only gulch in the area that had gold. We ran up and down many in nearby area, but we couldn't manage to find another nugget anywhere else.

We both were using Minelab GPX 5000 metal detectors. My partner was using a small Coiltek Joey, I was using the NF 14-inch elliptical.

Ok, was the discovery today, yesterday, a week or month ago? Well my friends, knowing the gold business, Mums the Word! Hope you understand, but we have guys hot on our tail (nothing new). :ph34r:

Take a gander at the gold nuggets and Lasso.

lassogulch.jpg

lassogulch2.jpg

Rob Allison

I sure wish you would quit posting this gold stuff..............im itching all over now!!!

Great gold you guys found.

Lot of that looks pretty hammered down?

Glad you got it. :)

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments. Yes, most of the gold is pretty hammered. We have two ideas on where the gold is coming from, but haven't been able to prove it out in a very short time there. There is a bench looking area with ironstones, quartz and stained soil on one side, then there is a few very rotten quartz veins towards the top of the ridge (gold found right below). We are hoping to spend more time when it cools off exploring the ridge for a patch, or the bench looking area.

The area is a bit of a drive and then aways off the main road, probably too much for Summer short hunts.

Rob Allison

Rob,Ihave a patch that sounds exactly like what you described and the gold is hammered for the biggest part.Maybe you guys cleaned it out.I'm going there one day this week,if it's all dug up I'll know who got it. Ha Ha. Thats a very good morning you guys.

Rob I can't use my blitz there have to use the coiltec joey.

Mike

Rob, I'd be a bit careful if I were you when you go there again. Maybe the rope hanging on the tree was a sign for all that they hang intruders, hehe. I did run into some really bad guys in the Bradshaws many years back. One fellow used to shoot at you if you opened the gate at the swastika mine. The sheriff finally hauled him off for some mental correction. Be careful bud.

Old Tom

Some cowboys just do that to mark a site. a lot of ranchers are getting hip to gold these days. I should explain. We have a lot of ranchers with grazing rights out here in AZ but they don't own the mineral rights. ;) AzNuggetBob

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments. As much as it might seem easy, it's NOT! If you only knew the amount of research and time exploring we spend, most would probably give up. A matter of fact, I know most would give up. Searching for nuggets is not easy, it's very "Hit and Miss," more misses than hits. The benefit is when you find a good spot, somewhere no one else has found before. One good gulch can produce a minimum of 1-2 ounces of placer gold.

Will keep you all updated on what else we might turn up in this area.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

It's like going to Vegas

everyone tells you when they win

but nobody tells you how many times and how much they spent before they won the one time

first a cookie monster now a lasso that gpx 5000 can really find anything

Roger

"You could say I'm a cowboy on a steel horse I ride,

with a Smith and Wesson strapped on my side.

Ive seen a million places with a detector in my hand,

and I've been to many mountain tops all across this land.

I've found a lot of treasures some you just cant hide,

some are not so apparent,not to the naked eye.

and then there are those,you just have to wonder why,

some of them are golden like the sun up in the sky.

You can spend many years hunting and digging lots of holes,

but finding that gold, never gets old.

Yes I'm a cowboy on this steel horse I ride,

with a detector on my back,

and a new treasure leed to track.

but Until I fill my poke,

I'll be coming back".

AzNuggetBob

"You could say I'm a cowboy on a steel horse I ride,

with a Smith and Wesson strapped on my side.

Ive seen a million places with a detector in my hand,

and I've been to many mountain tops all across this land.

I've found a lot of treasures some you just cant hide,

some are not so apparent,not to the naked eye.

and then there are those,you just have to wonder why,

some of them are golden like the sun up in the sky.

You can spend many years hunting and digging lots of holes,

but finding that gold, never gets old.

Yes I'm a cowboy on this steel horse I ride,

with a detector on my back,

and a new treasure leed to track.

but Until I fill my poke,

I'll be coming back".

AzNuggetBob

Well..................................I guess if you give up on nugget hunting you can go into

writing lyrics!

Nice :)

Tom H.

Thanks Tom H.

I'm not sure I'm ready to retire yet,but one thing I do know is watching Rob drag home all this gold even in the summer heat is giving me a really bad case of cabin fever. :)

Nice nuggets Rob. AzNuggetBob

Oh yah.....I hear ya....

Another month and it will start to taper off. :)

I may try one or two trips this month....just have to watch the weather for a day

that will ONLY be 100 out. :blush:

Tom H.

Nice job! always good when homework pays off, I hope my hours of book work pay off on that new dredge spot we talked about. Nice gold bro.

Justin