Where is Rob? A Storm has came ...

• Admin

Hello All,

Well many have emailed, PMed and a few post here about what's going on.  Well, to say lightly, it's been a Storm lately hovering over my/our life.  

It started about 3-4 months ago when my Father Wayne was feeling really down, no energy and lack of interests in most things he would do daily (read the paper, go get the mail, check on the pool and such).  My Mother finally convinced him he needed to get to the Doctor to at least have some blood drawn and hopefully a CT scan as she believed he might have had a small stroke and didn't even know it.  

Now backing things up a bit, my Father has been battling health issues since his mid 40's with a stroke to the brain that he survived.  Then from about 45 on, very bad Rheumatoid Arthritis that has really crimpled him up, then a massive heart attack about 8 years ago that lead to a triple by-pass.  Along the way, many other more minor auto immune issues and nodules in the lungs, pancreas and such.   

He ended going to the Doctor for a full blood panel and did get a CT scan right at the Doctors office.  No more than about an hour later, they called my Mother and said get him to the ER ASAP.  My Dad had a massive Mass shown on the CT scan.  After arriving at the ER, they ended up stating it was a Glioblastoma Cancerous Brain Tumor, but huge.  They wanted to do a Biopsy soon and confirm.  

My Father ended up having the Biospy at a local hospital, but the pathology came back inconclusive due to the tissue being necrotic.  They patched up the biopsy site, but it got infected somehow and about a week later, they had to cut it back open, do a washout surgery on it, and close it back up.  When he went back to have the stiches removed, the site was infected again, so I recommended to my Mother that he goes to Barrow's Brain and Spine to figure out what is going on. 

The league of Doctor's, staff and technology at Barrow's compared to where we were was mind-blowing.  I felt like we were at like a county hospital prior, even though we were not.  The Infectious disease Doctor stated the entire time it was Staph infection, which is caught in the hospital itself, probably in surgery.  Also, all the antibiotics he was getting were all wrong, no of them even treated Staph infection.  It was just one big mess.  

Well, the blessing was since he was now in the best care for the Brain, the diagnoses were the same.  The tumor is so large, they said like an Orange and Lemon combined and it's placed so much pressure, swelling and mid-line shift, there was really no treatment.  Glioblastoma is super aggressive and even with a de-bulking surgery, radiation and chemo, its like 1-2 years max.  

Pop's is now back home on Hospice so he can spend the remainder of his time with family and friends.  Any prayers would be greatly appreciated.  

Now my Dad's Brother about 15 years prior died of the same type of brain tumor, so I felt it would only make sense for me to get a base-line CT to make sure it's not something genetic, right? 

Well I finally got a CT scan and they found I have a Brain Tumor ..... Go figure!  

I will post more as time goes on, but it's just a season or storm we are going through, like Timothy stated in 4:7 - "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."  

I guess what I mean ultimately is to keep the faith, My father is the humblest man knowing all the stuff he has went through and never questioned God on why.  My Father has kept the faith.  

God Bless you all,

Rob

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

You already know this Rob, but you, your dad and family are in my thoughts and prayers. We all witnessed what God's presence is capable of yesterday, and my prayers are that he is present in your life and your families life. But, don't hesitate to ask, lots of people around you are willing to help wherever needed.

Later...Jim P.

• Like 2

Continued prayers from all of us in our family to you and your family Rob! Like mentioned by others, wishing the best for you all and if there is anything you all need whatsoever, please let us know !! God Bless !! Hang in there buddy, the man above knows the plan !

• Like 3

Just catching up with you here on the forum Rob.

My very best wishes will keep you and the family in my thoughts an prayers 👍

Keep yer head up that's half the battle 👍.

• Like 1

Doc just posted on Steve's forum that Rob's dad has passed. 😢

https://www.detectorprospector.com/topic/26376-a-sad-day-for-one-of-our-own-rob-allison-his-father-went-to-his-reward-today/

Rob,

This is my first reading about your dad, my condolences and prayers are with you and your family.

• Sad 1

• Admin

Hi Guys,

I came back to find out the Forums were down, just got them resolved and back online.  All is well here, slow healing for the family.  Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

God Bless you all,

Rob

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...